Pumpkin Cheddar Grits
Squash gives extra flavor and Vitamin A to cheese grits.
Puréed sweet potato or squash will work in place of canned pumpkin.
- ¾ cup Stone Ground Grits
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup Canned Unsweetened Pumpkin Puree
- or ½ cup Canned Sweet Potato Puree
- or ½ cup Canned Butternut Squash Puree
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Bring water to a boil over high heat. Stir in grits and salt. Reduce heat and cook according to package directions. Add cheese, pumpkin and pepper. Cook until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.