Graham Cracker Cake
This big, rustic whole-meal cake is perfect with morning tea or milky coffee.
Sprinkle turbinado sugar and sea salt on top for a crunchy sweet-salty taste. We used a combination of Biscoff cookie crumbs and graham cracker crumbs, which made the cake extra yummy, but you can use all graham cracker crumbs. Serve with lemon sorbet, ice cream or frozen yogurt. (Go to relishmag.com/yogurt for a lemon frozen yogurt recipe.)
- ¼ oz Cooking Spray
- 6 T Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Graham Cracker Sheets
- 20 Biscoff Cookies
- ½ cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- ½ tsp Turbinado Sugar (optional)
- ½ tsp Sea Salt (optional)
- 6 cup Lemon Sorbet (optional)
- or 6 cup Ice Cream
- or 6 cup Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350F.Â Coat a deep 9-inch cake pan or 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Combine butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat with a mixer until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well blended.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, cookie crumbs, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add crumb mixture to butter mixture, alternately with buttermilk, beating until well blended. Scrape batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle top with turbinado sugar and sea salt, if using.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely.