Lemony Asparagus and Chicken Pasta Toss
The perfect warm-weather option for picnics and packed lunches.
Just as good cold as hot, this dish is great for a picnic or for lunch at work.
- 28 oz Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 12 oz Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, Frozen
- 6 oz Rotini Pasta
- or 6 oz Penne Pasta
- ½ lb Asparagus
- ¼ cup Pesto
- 2 T Fresh Lemon Juice
- ¼ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- In a deep skillet or Dutch oven, bring broth to a boil over high heat. Add frozen chicken. Return to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer 22 minutes. Remove chicken from broth, cool and shred.
- Increase heat to high and bring broth to a boil. Stir in pasta and continue to cook, uncovered, 6 minutes. Add asparagus and cook 2 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
- Drain pasta mixture and return to skillet. Add shredded chicken, pesto, lemon juice and pepper; toss gently.