Sausage Tarts with Mango Chutney
Sweet-savory bites for dinner or a party.
Using frozen puff pastry, these individual tarts are super easy to make. Make large ones for dinner or smaller ones for appetizers.
- 1 Puff Pastry Sheet
- 1 T Canola Oil
- 1½ cup Sliced Yellow Onion
- 1 cup Diced Red Bell Pepper
- or 1 cup Diced Yellow Bell Pepper
- 14 oz Chicken Sausage
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Mango Chutney
- ½ tsp Dried Thyme
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Thaw pastry according to package instructions. On a lightly floured board, roll out 1 sheet of dough with a floured rolling pin into a 14-inch square. Cut into 4 squares. Place on a cookie sheet, crimp edges slightly to form a rim. Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until pastry begins to puff.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, sausage, salt and pepper; cook covered, about 15 minutes, or until sausage is browned, stirring often. Stir in chutney and thyme.
- Spoon sausage mixture evenly over pastry squares and bake 10 minutes or until the pastry is lightly browned.