Green Bean and Tomato Sauté
This fresh green bean saute is packed with flavor thanks to marjoram and basil. The perfect warm-weather side dish!
Make this sauté in two batches unless you have an extra-large skillet. You can use fresh or dried marjoram and basil.
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1½ lb French Green Beans (Haricots Verts)
- 2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Shallot
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes
- 1 T Sugar
- 1 T Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ tsp Dried Marjoram
- ½ tsp Dried Basil
- ¼ tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Bring a large pot of water and salt to a boil. Add green beans and cook until al dente, about 3 minutes.
- Remove green beans and plunge immediately into a large bowl of ice water. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shallot and cook 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and sugar and cook until just beginning to wilt, about 1 minute.
- Stir in green beans, vinegar, marjoram and basil and cook until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.