Choose other meats, vegetables and seasonings to make this dish your own favorite.
You can prep the first 3 steps of the dish hours ahead. The final cooking will only take a couple of minutes.
- 8 oz Chinese Egg Noodles
- 2 T Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 cup Broccoli Florets
- 4 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 3 Fresh Ginger Slices
- 8 oz Tofu, Extra Firm
- 2 T Vegetable Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1½ cup Sliced Baby Bok Choy
- or 1½ cup Chopped Napa Cabbage
- ¼ lb Snow Peas
- 6 oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- or 6 oz Pork Tenderloin
- 1 cup Bean Sprouts
- 2 Green Onions
- Cook noodles following package directions. Drain well, rinse in cold water, and combine with sesame oil in a large bowl.
- Cook broccoli in 2 to 3 cups boiling water 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water. Drain again and set aside.
- Heat broth and ginger in a large saucepan over low heat about 30 minutes; do not allow it to boil. Remove ginger.
- Cut tofu into 1/2-inch-thick squares and blot well with paper towels. Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add tofu and cook on both sides 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside on paper towels. Add remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to pan; when hot, add egg and rotate pan to film the bottom with a thin layer of egg. When egg has set on the bottom, carefully flip it over. Slide egg crepe onto a plate and cool. Roll up to form a tight cylinder and cut crosswise into thin strips.
- When ready to serve, season broth with soy sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; add snow peas and cabbage. Cook 1 minute. Add noodles, broccoli, pork or chicken, tofu, egg strips and bean sprouts; cook 30 seconds longer. Divide into bowls, scatter green onions on top and drizzle with sesame oil. Serve immediately.