Light and creamy, this cheesecake gets a boost from ricotta.
We’ve combined cream cheese with ricotta cheese for a creamier version of Italian cheesecake.
- 1½ cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- or 1½ cup Crushed Amaretti Cookies
- 6 T Unsalted Butter
- 3 T Sugar
- 32 oz Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 8 oz Light Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Sugar
- ¼ cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Eggs
- 12 tsp Confectioners' Sugar (optional)
- 24 Lemon Slices (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- To prepare crust, combine crumbs, butter and sugar in medium bowl. Press crust onto bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes or until set. Cool before filling.
- To prepare filling, beat ricotta, cream cheese, sugar and flour in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Add lemon zest and vanilla; mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed just until blended.
- Pour filling into crust. Bake for 1 hour or until cake is almost set.
- Run a knife around rim of pan to loosen cheesecake. Cool to room temperature on a wire rack, then refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- To serve, remove springform side and slice. Dust with confectioners' sugar and garnish with lemon slices.