The classic Cobb Salad is back and as popular as it was when it first became a hit in the 1930s at the Hollywood Brown Derby restaurant.
You can prepare the dressing ahead of time, store in a tightly sealed jar and refrigerate for up to several days before using.
- ⅓ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 T Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice, Fresh
- or 2 tsp Lemon Juice, Bottled
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- ½ tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ tsp Sugar
- 1 Garlic Clove
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper, Freshly Ground
- 5 cup Romaine Lettuce, Chopped
- 5 cup Shredded Boston Lettuce
- 2 Tomatoes
- 9 oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 6 Bacon Strips
- 3 Eggs, Hard Boiled
- 2 oz Roquefort Cheese
- or 2 oz Blue Cheese
- 1 Avocado
- To prepare dressing, combine all ingredients in a jar, cover tightly and shake vigorously.
- To prepare salad, arrange lettuces on a large serving platter, big enough to toss the salad. Arrange tomatoes in a strip down the center and arrange chicken, bacon, eggs, and cheese in strips on either side of tomatoes. Scatter avocado around edge.
- Before serving, slide the salad into a large bowl; pour dressing over top and toss gently to combine.