Lemon Spinach with Toasted Pistachios
This quick side dish of lemony spinach is packed with nutrition.
Curly spinach has a firmer texture and holds up better than flat or baby spinach in this recipe.
- 2 lb Curly Spinach
- ½ cup Pistachios, Shelled
- 3 T Olive Oil
- 2 Lemons
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Remove stems from spinach and discard. Wash leaves well and pat dry.
- Toast pistachios in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat until slightly fragrant, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and coarsely chop.
- Heat oil in a very large nonstick skillet or Dutch oven. Add half the spinach and cook over high heat until wilted, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes. Add remaining spinach. Cook, stirring, about 5 minutes. Add grated lemon rind and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper. Sprinkle with pistachios.