Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Mini Spinach Salads
Caribbean spiced shrimp served up on a bed of succulent summer greens.
Look for the Jamaican jerk or Latin seasoning in the spice section of the supermarket. Serve as an appetizer or entrée.
- 2 T Vegetable Oil
- or 2 T Olive Oil
- 2 T Latin Seasoning
- or 2 T Jerk Seasoning
- 2 T Fresh Lime Juice
- or 2 T Bottled Lime Juice
- 1 lb Large Peeled and Deveined Shrimp
- 4 cup Baby Spinach
- or 4 cup Watercress
- 1 Orange
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Green Onions
- ¼ cup Balsamic Salad Dressing
- 3 T Goat Cheese
- Combine oil, seasoning, lime juice and shrimp in a heavy plastic bag. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature (or refrigerate up to 4 hours).
- Place spinach in a salad bowl. Peel orange with a knife so very little of the white pith remains; slice vertically and quarter slices. Add orange pieces, red bell pepper, avocado and green onions to spinach. Add vinaigrette; toss well to coat.
- Prepare grill. Thread 2 shrimp onto each skewer. Grill 3 to 4 minutes per side, until just thoroughly cooked and opaque in color (take care not to overcook).
- Divide spinach mixture among 10 appetizer plates. Sprinkle with orange peel and goat cheese. Top each with 1 shrimp skewer. Drizzle with a little more vinaigrette, if desired.