Make a meal of salad with bacon, eggs and potatoes.
The French call this a salad; we call it dinner. Granted, we took some liberties with the traditional salad, adding potatoes to make it heartier. Use a sturdy lettuce like frisée or romaine.
- 3 Bacon Strips
- 2 Russet Potatoes
- 2 Leeks
- 3 T Olive Oil
- 3 T Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 4 cup Chopped Frisée
- or 4 cup Chopped Curly Endive
- 4 Eggs
- 4 T Shaved Parmigiano Reggiano (optional)
- Cook bacon in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat until done, about 5 minutes. Remove bacon, reserving fat. Add potatoes to pan; cook 5 minutes. Add leeks and continue cooking until potatoes are done, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Combine oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl; whisk well.
- Toss frisÃ©e with dressing. Place on serving plates. Top each serving with potatoes, egg, crumbled bacon and cheese, if using.