Chocolate Pots de Creme
An elegant chocolate dessert fit for special occasions. Top with whipped cream and your favorite berries.
If you like your whipped cream a little sweet, add 1 tablespoon powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- 1½ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup 2% Milk
- 1 T Brewed Coffee
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 8 oz Bittersweet Chocolate
- or 8 oz Semisweet Chocolate
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 1 T Sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 8 T Unsweetened Whipped Cream (optional)
- 8 Fresh Strawberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine cream, milk, coffee and vanilla in a saucepan. Heat to just under a boil. Place chocolate in a glass mixing bowl. Pour cream mixture over chocolate; whisk until chocolate is melted and evenly mixed throughout.
- Vigorously whisk egg yolks with sugar and salt.
- Add 1 cup of chocolate mixture to egg yolk mixture; whisk until all traces of yolk disappear. Add this back to remaining chocolate mixture; whisk until smooth and well incorporated.
- Pour into 8 (4- to 6-ounce) ramekins. Cover ramekins tightly with foil and place in baking dish. Pour water in baking dish to come halfway up the sides of ramekins to create a water bath. Bake 30 to 40 minutes.
- Uncover and cool. Chill 5 hours. Serve with whipped cream and strawberries, if desired.