Smoked Gouda and Sun-dried Tomato Muffins
A different quick bread for a savory breakfast or served alongside dinner.
Taylor Farm's Maple-Smoked Gouda gives these muffins a delicious, mellow flavor. Smoked Gouda will work just fine.
- 2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 T Dry Mustard (Mustard Powder)
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly Ground White Pepper
- 1 cup 2% Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 4 T Butter
- 3 T Minced Sun Dried Tomatoes
- ¼ cup Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1 cup Shredded Maple Smoked Gouda Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or line it with paper muffin cups.
- Mix flour, baking powder, dry mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk together milk, eggs, butter, tomatoes and parsley in a large bowl; add to flour mixture, stirring until almost combined. Gently fold in cheese; the mixture will be lumpy.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan. Bake until muffins are golden brown and firm to the touch, about 25 minutes.