Easy Chicken and Dumplings
This simple and comforting Bisquick-based chicken and dumplings can be assembled in two easy steps.
Don’t rush the chicken stock–the longer it simmers, the more flavorful it will be.
- 1 Fryer Chicken
- or 1½ lb Bone In, Skin On Chicken Leg Quarters
- or 2 Chicken Wings
- or 2 Chicken Breasts, Bone In, Skin On
- 1 Onion
- 2 T Black Peppercorns (optional)
- 2 T Chopped Parsley (optional)
- 3 Carrots
- 2¼ cup Bisquick Mix
- ¾ cup Milk
- 2 oz Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- Place chicken and onion in Dutch oven or large pot; cover with water. Add peppercorns and parsley, if using. Simmer until chicken is cooked and broth is rich and reduced, 2 to 4 hours. Remove chicken, and strain stock. Let cool. Remove chicken from bones, shred, and discard bones and skin. Add chicken and carrots to broth. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Combine Bisquick, milk, cheese and garlic powder. Mix well with a fork. Drop forkfuls of dough into simmering broth, filling in the spaces between dumplings as you work. (Dumplings will float.) Cook, uncovered, 10 minutes. Cover and cook another 10 to 15 minutes, until dumplings are thoroughly cooked.