Frittata with Chorizo
The Italian frittata gets a Western spin in this hearty dish, brimming with spicy, smoky chorizo, buttery Manchego cheese, and a tangle of peppers and onions.
We used cured Spanish chorizo sausage in this hearty frittata, but any cured sausage will work. Any cheese, too.
- 3 tsp Olive Oil
- 6 oz Chorizo Sausage
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 1 Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 12 Eggs
- 4 oz Manchego Cheese
- 6 T Chopped Cilantro (optional)
- 6 T Sour Cream (optional)
- 6 T Salsa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large heavy ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add chorizo. SautÃ© until lightly browned and beginning to crisp, about 3 minutes. Remove chorizo.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to pan. Heat over medium heat. Add sliced pepper, onion, garlic and Â¼ teaspoon salt; sautÃ© 6 to 8 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in about two-thirds of the shredded cheese.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet, stirring once to distribute peppers and onions. Reduce heat to low. Arrange chorizo over top of eggs; cook, undisturbed, 5 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Transfer to oven and bake 20 minutes, or until eggs are set and top is puffed and golden.
- Let frittata rest 5 minutes and serve with sour cream and salsa, if using.