Make meal planning easy! Discover recipes, create meal plans, shopping lists and more.
Overnight Cinnamon Pecan Coffee Cake
This batter and streusel topped breakfast coffee cake can be prepared and chilled in the pan for up to 18 hours before baking.
¾ cup Butter
1 cup Sugar
2 Large Eggs
2 cup All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
½ tsp Salt
1 cup Sour Cream
¾ cup Brown Sugar
½ cup Chopped Pecans
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- To prepare streusel topping, combine sugar, pecans and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- To prepare coffee cake, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add eggs, one at a time, beating after each until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
- To the egg mixture, add flour mixture, alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture until blended.
- Spread batter into a greased 13 x 9-inch pan.Â Â Sprinkle streusel topping over the batter.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill 8 to 18 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bake coffeecake 35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Can be served warm or at room temperature.