Fun-Guy (Funghi) Pizza
Mushrooms are the stars in this kid- and vegetarian-friendly pizza. Perfect for weeknight family dinners!
We like adding fun mushrooms to this pizza—like enoki and oyster—but you can use any kind. Have kids toss and shape the dough
- 3 T Olive Oil
- 1 Onion
- 2 tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Chopped Button Mushrooms
- 1 cup Chopped Cremini Mushrooms
- or 1 cup Enoki Mushrooms
- or 1 cup Chopped Oyster Mushroom
- 24 oz Pizza Dough
- 1 cup Cream Cheese
- 3 oz Mozzarella Cheese
- 3 oz Provolone Cheese
- 2 cup Chopped Spinach
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet. Add onions, sugar and salt. Cook over medium-low heat 30 to 45 minutes, until onions are brown and caramelized.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet. Add mushrooms and cook until they begin to release their liquid.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Roll out pizza dough into a 12-inch round or square. Spread cream cheese over top. Add half the mozzarella and provolone cheese. Add caramelized onions and spinach. Add mushrooms. Add remaining mozzarella and provolone.
- Bake 25 to 20 minutes, until crust is crispy and cheese is melted.