Soy-Marinated Pepper-Crusted Salmon
This easy salmon dish is marinated in soy sauce and brown sugar then quickly sautéed.
This delicious salmon is crusted with strong black pepper and savory soy sauce to create a healthy yet satisfying meal that is very easy to make and hard not to enjoy.
- ⅓ cup Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 4 Salmon Fillets, Skinless, 5–6oz ea
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 T Olive Oil
- Combine soy sauce, sugar, sesame and garlic in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Add salmon, seal bag and turn to coat salmon well. Refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours.
- Remove salmon from marinade (discard marinade or save some for drizzling on salmon while cooking). Coat fillet side of salmon with very coarsely ground black pepper.
- Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Place salmon skin-side up in pan and sauté about 7 minutes. Flip and sauté other side about 7 minutes, until fish flakes with a fork.