Make meal planning easy! Discover recipes, create meal plans, shopping lists and more.
When Meyer lemons start coming in, stir up this brillant Italian liqueur to bottle as gifts.
12 Meyer Lemons
1 750mL Bottle Vodka
2 cup Sugar
- Wash lemons well to remove any wax. Using a vegetable peeler, remove the lemon peels. Take care to avoid cutting off the white pith, as it will add a bitter taste.
- Place lemon peels in a sterilized 2-quart glass jar. Pour vodka over the top. Seal. Store in a cool, dark place 6 to 8 weeks.
- Strain vodka mixture into another sterilized 2-quart jar and discard lemon peels.
- Heat sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Let cool. Add sugar syrup to vodka mixture and seal jar. Store an additional 6 to 8 weeks in a cool, dark place.
- Pour limoncello into 6- to 8-ounce size bottles and cap. Keep at room temperature or in freezer until ready to serve. Makes about 6 cups.