Green Beans with Figs and Pumpkin Seeds
A sauce for green beans that both kids and adults will love.
To prepare the green beans, steam 2 (12-ounce) packages of green beans in the microwave according to the package directions. Place in a large bowl and toss with 1 teaspoon butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- 1 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 T Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ½ cup Fig Preserves
- 24 oz Green Beans, Frozen
- 1 tsp Butter
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat broiler.
- To prepare pumpkin seeds, place seeds on a baking sheet. Drizzle with vegetable oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Place under the broiler 2 minutes, or until nicely toasted. Remove and let cool.
- Toss steamed green beans with fig preserves. Place on a platter and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. (Analysis includes green beans.)