Make meal planning easy! Discover recipes, create meal plans, shopping lists and more.
Caramelized Onion-Chanterelle Tart
Savory-sweet onions pair with the king of mushrooms in this rich early fall tart.
1 Rolled Pie Crust
1 T Coarse Ground Dijon Mustard
2 T Butter
2 Thyme Sprigs
4 oz Chanterelle Mushroom
2 Large Eggs
1 cup Half and Half
1 cup Shredded Gruyere Cheese
¼ tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Roll out piecrust to fit in a 12-inch tart pan. Place in pan and press into the sides. Coat surface with mustard. Bake 10 minutes. Let cool.
- To prepare filling, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a deep skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sauté 15 minutes. Add salt, pepper and thyme leaves. Scrape into a small bowl.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. Add mushrooms and cook 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Combine eggs and half-and-half and beat until well blended.
- Sprinkle about half the cheese on the bottom of tart shell. Spoon in onions. Pour in egg mixture. Place mushrooms all over the top, along with remaining cheese.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until tart is golden brown and filling is set. Serve warm or room temperature.