Classic Bread Stuffing
Only about 2 to 3 cups of stuffing will fit inside the bird. Place the rest in a dish, cover and bake. Remember, the stuffing that cooks inside the bird will be very moist from the turkey juices. The stuffing in the dish will be a bit drier. This amount of stuffing will fit inside a 12-pound turkey. Double it for a larger bird or if you want leftovers.
- ¾ cup Dried Cranberries
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 2 T Butter
- ½ cup Diced Yellow Onion
- ½ cup Chopped Celery Heart
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 T Minced Sage
- 1 tsp Coarse Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 4 cup Cubed Bread
- or 4 cup Croutons
- ⅓ cup Pecans
- ¼ cup Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1½ cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- Combine dried cranberries and hot water; soak 30 minutes to plump.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and celery and cook about 8 minutes. Add garlic, sage, salt and pepper and cook 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool 10 minutes.
- Combine vegetables with remaining ingredients and mix gently with a spatula or spoon. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Spoon stuffing into the cavity of a prepared turkey and roast. Or place stuffing in a shallow baking dish and bake 30 minutes at 350F. Makes 6 cups.