Don’t let big-city bakeries fool you—creating a cheesecake with a pretty swirled top doesn’t take years of expertise. In fact, anyone can do it—and in four simple steps. Here’s how:
- Start by making an easy, stovetop berry sauce, cooking the berries down into a thick, syrupy reduction. Cool the sauce before using for your cheesecake.
- Spoon the sour cream topping over the cheesecake filling and smooth with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Dollop berry sauce in spoonfuls over the top of the cheesecake batter.
- Using a large butter knife, create feathery rounded swirls, inserting the knife just tip-deep into the batter.
- Bake, and voila! Your berry-swirl cheesecake is ready to be admired (then devoured).