- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 2whole zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- -- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1whole red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2-- garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3whole ears fresh corn, kernels cut off
- 2whole tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1whole poblano chile, grilled, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1whole jalapeno pepper, grilled, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2cups heavy cream
- 1/4cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 1/4cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Heat grill to high. Brush cut side of zucchini with 2 tablespoons of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill, cutside down, until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Turn over and continue cooking until just cooked through. Remove from heat and cut into small dice.
- Heat remaining oil in a medium saucepan on the grates of the grill. Add the onion and cook until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the corn kernels and cook for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, chile peppers, diced zucchini and heavy cream, and cook until the cream is reduced by half and begins to thicken. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from the heat and add the cheese and cilantro.