- Yield 4 servings
This quick vegetable and tofu scramble makes a delicious breakfast.
Serve on toasted English muffins, warm tortillas or toasted French bread.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 -- onion, chopped
- 2 -- garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium zucchini, finely diced (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 pound firm tofu, diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Heat 1/2 cup of water in a large non-stick skillet. Add onion and garlic. Cook over high heat, stirring often, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini, tofu, and chili powder. Reduce heat and cook, stirring often, until zucchini is tender, about 5 minutes. Add a small amount of additional water if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Stir in soy sauce. Top with salsa, if using. Serve with English muffins, warm tortillas, or toasted French bread. Makes abut 4 cups.
Reprinted from Healthy Eating for Life to Prevent and Treat Cancer by Vesanto Melina, M.S., R.D.; recipe by Jennifer Raymond, M.S., R.D.