- Yield 10 pieces
- 10 cups zucchini (chopped in food processor)
- 4 cups yellow onion( chopped in food processor)
- 4 medium bell peppers (yellow, red, orange, green), (chopped in food processor)
- 6 medium jalapeno pepper with some seeds for heat (chopped in food processor)
- 1/4 cup pickling salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 cups ripe tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can tomato paste, 12 oz.
Place the first five ingredients in a large bowl, mix well. Cover and put into refrigerator and let stand overnight. Remove from refrigerator and rinse and drain well. Set aside. Combine the remaining ingredients in a large cooking pot, stir until combined. Add the zucchini mixture to the cook pot and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Pour mixture into sterilized jars and seal. Water bath jars for 10 – 15 minutes.
Makes about 10-12 pints.