- Yield 8 servings
"Surprise your family with this dish!"
- 2 medium zucchini squash, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound crisp bacon, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 pound spaghetti, cooked
- 1 cup onion, sliced in rings
- 4 ounces pepperoni slices
- 1 26-ounce jar marinara sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Layer zucchini on the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch pan that has been greased with olive oil.
- Sprinkle bacon, salt, pepper, basil and oregano evenly over the top. Follow with a layer of spaghetti, onion and pepperoni.
- Next pour marinara sauce and sprinkle cheeses evenly over on the top.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Try adding a layer of red or green peppers, or sliced olives. Serve with garlic toast.
Lee R. Sauers, Mifflinburg, Pa.