Zucchini (or yellow squash) Cream Pie
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 2cups peeled, chopped zucchini or yellow squash
- 3cups water
- 1cup evaporated milk
- 2cups white sugar
- 1-- egg, beaten
- 2tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3tablespoons flour
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoon nutmeg
- 1-- nine inch pie crust
- Cook zucchini in water until tender.
- Drain then put in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Drain zucchini again.
- Blend zucchini, evaporated milk, white sugar, egg, butter, flour, and vanilla together.
- Pulse in food processor until creamy.
- Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Sprinking with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 65 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.