- Yield 18 servings
This zucchini bread is the best you'll ever taste!
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or sunflower seeds
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon into a bowl.
- Combine eggs, oil, sugar, zucchini, vanilla, and lemon extract in another bowl; beat thoroughly.
- Stir flour mixture into egg mixture until smooth.
- Add raisins and nuts or seeds. Stir to combine.
- Pour entire mixture into greased 9×5-inch loaf pans or muffin tins (Fill muffin tins 2/3 full.)
- Bake at 350F for 40 minutes if loaves, 20 minutes if muffins. They are done if center springs back when they are lightly touched.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Rochester’s Applehood and Motherpie (Rochester, New York, 1981).