Zucchini Feta Cheese Bake
- Yield 4 servings
Serve this Mediterranean dish over steaming orzo pasta.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried
- 3 cups (1/2-inch-thick) slices zucchini
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh coarse breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and oregano and saute 2 minutes or until softened. Add zucchini and continue to saute 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, pepper and olives. Remove from heat and pour into a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish. Combine cheese and bread crumbs and sprinkle over vegetables; dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes or until topping is golden brown and vegetables are tender.