- Yield: 4
Our friends, Bill and Ernestine Harden, developed this cookie recipe to use the abundance of zucchini they grow in their garden. It's mouth-watering and the best cookie I have ever put in my mouth.
- 1/2cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1cup grated zucchini
- 1cup golden raisins
- 1cup chopped pecans
- 1cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 2 nonstick baking sheets.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture; beat until smooth. The dough will be stiff. Stir in remaining ingredients. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes, until light brown. Do not overbake. Place baking sheets on wire racks to cool 2 minutes. Remove cookies and cool completely on wire racks.
— Jean Boutwell, Troy, Ala.