Zucchini Carrot Bread
- Yield 16 servings
"Several times I've taken this bread to our office staff meeting, and people seem to love it."
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup grated zucchini (1 medium)
- 1 cup grated carrots (2 medium)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add oil, sugar, zucchini, carrots and vanilla; mix well. Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon; add to egg mixture. Stir until just blended.
- Fold in coconut and pecans. Divide between the prepared pans.
- Bake 1 hour, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean. Let cool in pans 15 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Libby Carlsten, Los Alamos, N.M.