Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2cups sugar
- 1cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 2cups flour
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2cups zucchini, shredded, unpeeled, packed
- 1cup finely chopped nuts
- 1tablespoon vanilla
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 6ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1teaspoon lemon extract
- Beat sugar, oil and eggs at medium speed in electric mixer bowl 4 minutes. Sift flour with soda, salt and cinnamon. Fold zucchini and nuts into sugar mixture. Fold in flour mixture and vanilla, blending thoroughly. Turn batter into well-greased 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350F 60 to 65 minutes. Cool in pan on rack 15 minutes or longer. Remove from pan and cool cake thoroughly on rack.
- To make frosting, beat powdered sugar, cream cheese margarine, and lemon extract until thoroughly blended. Spread over cooled cake.