Zucchini Bread with Walnuts
- Yield 20 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 45 mins
Do you have an over-abundance of zucchini from the garden? Make this classic Zucchini Bread.
Bake a couple of batches of this bread, wrap the cooled loaves well, and stash them in the freezer.
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 -- eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans and dust with flour.
- Sift flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt into a bowl.
- Beat eggs, oil, milk, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until combined. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and stir to combine thoroughly. Stir in zucchini and nuts. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 45 to 60 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack 20 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely before slicing. Makes 2 loaves.
Recipe by Robin Mather.