Zucchini Au Gratin
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2pounds zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick (about 6 cups)
- 1 1/2cups coarsely chopped tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1cup skim milk
- 1/2cup fresh whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1cup reduced-fat shredded light Jarlsberg cheese (light Swiss cheese)
- Preheat oven 350F. Apply non-stick cooking spray to a medium size baking dish.
- Melt butter in a large non-stick skillet and cook onion on medium heat for 5 minutes
- Add zucchini, cook vegetables for 10 minutes, lid on.
- Add tomatoes and cook an additional 5 minutes. Season to taste and add nutmeg.
- Stir in flour, and gradually add milk. Bring to boil, lower heat and stir until thick. Transfer to ingredients to medium size baking dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs and cheese in a mixing bowl to sprinkle on top zucchini mixture.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or when cheese is bubbly and brown.
Recipe by Holly Clegg
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 138
- Fat 5g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 10mg
- Sodium 151mg
- Carbohydrate 15g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 8g
- Protein 11g