- 8ounces pork sausage
- 4small zucchini and summer squash, cut into 1 inch triangles
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2cups fresh basil leaves
- 3tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4cups hot cooked short pasta, such as farfalle or penne or gemelli
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
blog comments powered by
- Cook the sausage in a large nonstick skillet, breaking it into bite-size pieces. Remove to a plate, set aside. In skillet with sausage drippings, add squash and sauté about 10 minutes over medium heat until browned.
- In a food processor pulse garlic. Add basil and pulse until chopped. Add olive oil until emulsified. Combine in pan the hot pasta, squash, sausage, and basil sauce, tossing gently until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese.