Zucchini and Sausage Pasta with Basil
- Yield 4 servings
With fresh basil and summery squash paired with substantial, yummy sausage, this pasta is a delicious meal and easy to make.
- 8 ounces pork sausage
- 4 small zucchini and summer squash, cut into 1 inch triangles
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups hot cooked short pasta, such as farfalle or penne or gemelli
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Cook the sausage in a large nonstick skillet, breaking it into bite-size pieces. Remove to a plate, set aside. In skillet with sausage drippings, add squash and sauté about 10 minutes over medium heat until browned.
- In a food processor pulse garlic. Add basil and pulse until chopped. Add olive oil until emulsified. Combine in pan the hot pasta, squash, sausage, and basil sauce, tossing gently until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese.