Zucchini and Pecorino Pie
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 35 mins
- 1-- basic butter crust
- 1medium zucchini (about 4 ounces), sliced into 1/8-inch thick circles
- 1 1/2cups (4 ounces) shredded pecorino cheese
- 4large eggs
- 1/2cup heavy cream
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- -- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F. Arrange crust in 9-inch ceramic or glass pie plate. Tuck edges under and flute crust, if desired. Scatter half the zucchini slices on the bottom of the crust. Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over the zucchini. Scatter the remaining zucchini over the cheese.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and cream. Season with salt and pepper. Pour mixture over the zucchini-cheese layers in the piecrust. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 15 minutes, then reduce oven to 350F and bake an additional 20 to 22 minutes, until the edges of crust are lightly golden and top of pie is deep golden and bubbly. Serve warm or cold. May be made up to one day in advance.
Recipe by Jennifer Perillo.