Zucchini and Green Chile Pan Saute
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1tablespoon pure olive or canola oil
- 3/4pound zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 3/4pound yellow squash, sliced into rounds
- 1medium red onion, halved crosswise, cut edge laid on counter and sliced vertically into slivers
- 2 Anaheim or Poblano chiles, sliced into rounds
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- Kernels from 1 ear of corn or 1/2 cup frozen
- 1/2cup drained canned black beans, rinsed well
- 1tablespoon minced cilantro (6 sprigs)
- 1/2teaspoon coarse salt
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini, yellow squash, onions, chiles and green peppers.
- Saute 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften. Add tomatoes, sweet corn, black beans and cilantro. Saute 1 minute; add salt and stir to combine.