Zucchini and Green Chile Pan Saute
- Yield 6 servings
This dish may be prepared without the heat—just omit the chiles. Serve over pasta, couscous or even mashed potatoes.
- 1 tablespoon pure olive or canola oil
- 3/4 pound zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 3/4 pound yellow squash, sliced into rounds
- 1 medium red onion, halved crosswise, cut edge laid on counter and sliced vertically into slivers
- 2 Anaheim or Poblano chiles, sliced into rounds
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- Kernels from 1 ear of corn or 1/2 cup frozen
- 1/2 cup drained canned black beans, rinsed well
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro (6 sprigs)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini, yellow squash, onions, chiles and green peppers.
- Saute 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften. Add tomatoes, sweet corn, black beans and cilantro. Saute 1 minute; add salt and stir to combine.