Zippy Hummus Deviled Eggs
- Yield 12 servings
A good egg: These devilish bites use the best of the egg—the white—and leave the saturated fat-filled yolk behind.
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 1/3 fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 12 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- To prepare hummus, place beans, tahini, lime juice, water and garlic in bowl of a food processor or blender. Process or blend until very smooth, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in cumin, salt and mint.
- To prepare eggs, cut eggs in half lengthwise. Discard yolks.
- Fill each egg white shell with a heaping tablespoon of hummus. Top with watercress or other baby greens.
Recipe adapted from Positively Ageless A 28-Day Plan for a Younger Slimmer, Sexier You © 2007 by Cheryl Forberg. Permission granted by Rodale, Inc., Emmaus, PA 18098