Zesty Lemon and Mustard Grilled Chicken
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1/2cup lemon juice
- 1/4cup Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2tablespoons finely chopped lemon zest
- 1/4cup finely chopped fresh herbs or 4 teaspoons dried herbs
- 3/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Combine the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, lemon zest, herbs, salt and pepper in a shallow dish and mix well. Add the chicken, coating well. Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on a grill rack 3 inches from the heat source. Grill over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
NOTE: For the herbs, you may use thyme, rosemary, basil, oregano and/or parsley.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Roanoke Valley, Virginia, Inc., Oh My Stars! Recipes That Shine (The Junior League of Roanoke, Valley, Virginia, Inc., 2000)