Zesty Crispy Oven Baked Chicken
- Yield 4 servings
- 4 -- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 medium Eggs
- 2 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 4 teaspoons Zatarain's Creole Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- Oil a baking sheet with vegetable oil
- Crack eggs into a bowl. Add 1 t of seasoning mix. Whisk until blended.
- Pour bread crumbs into a separate bowl. Add 3 t of seasoning mix. Mix well with fork.
- Rinse chicken breasts. Dredge in egg mixture coating both sides.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for a minimum of 1/2 hr. This can be done ahead of time to be cooked later.
- Preheat oven to 400deg. Cook for 20 min then remove from oven. Using spatula and fork turn over and replace on baking sheet. Return baking sheet to oven. Lower thermostat to 350 deg. Cook an additional 20 min.
Place chicken breasts in bread crumbs. Press into bread crumbs to coat well. Dredge in egg mixture again. Press into bread crumbs a second time.