Zested Raisin Sauce
- Yield 16 servings
Serve with sweet sauce, filled with raisins, over baked ham.
"This is great with ham slices. It's a good change, and your family will love it."
- 1 1/2 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup golden or dark raisins
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine 1/2 cup water and cornstarch in a medium saucepan; whisk until cornstarch dissolves completely. Add brown sugar, dry mustard, 1 cup water, raisins, vinegar, lemon zest and lemon juice; mix well.
- Bring to a full boil. Continue to boil, stirring constantly, 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Add butter; stir until melted. Serve warm over sliced ham. Makes 2 cups.
Recipe by Emma Brugoto, Saint Elmo, Ill.