- Yield: 10 servings
- 2boxes Zatarain Jambalaya (regular) rice
- 1pound Precooked sausage (Polish or Kielbasa) sliced into 1/4
- 1pound cooked shrimp (tails off)
- 4medium boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1medium Green pepper (sliced into slivers)
- 1medium white or yellow Onion
- 1cup Celery (sliced into 1/4
- 1can 8 0z tomatoe sauce
- 3small Ripe tomatoes (cut up into small pieces
- 2tablespoons Cooking Oil
- 1cup white wine
- 1/2tablespoon Salt and Pepper
- Add 2 T oil in skillet and sautee onion, pepper and celery til soft. Set aside.
- Saute chicken pieces until done (juices run clear when pierced). Set aside
- In same skillet, brown sausage. Add vegetables back into skillet plus the tomato sauce, the wine and the diced tomatoes. Simmer and scrape up sausage bits.
- In large 2 1/2 qt. saucepan, add 5 cups of water (Note: 2 1/2 c water per box of Zatarain)
- Add chicken and sausage in saucepan
- Add 2 boxes of Zatarain’s Jambalaya Rice
- Add vegetables from skillet. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Stir occasionally and test rice for doneness.
- Fold in precooked shrimp. Ready to serve with a fresh green salad and fresh French or Italian bread. Yum!