Yam Praline Coffee Cake
- Yield 16 servings
Biscuit baking mix is an easy cheat for a hearty coffee cake.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons light brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 1/2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 1 15-ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained and mashed or 1 cup mashed Louisiana yams (sweet potatoes)
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven 400F. Grease a medium size baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix together butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar and corn syrup. Spread mixture evenly in the bottom of the prepared pan. Sprinkle pecans on top of the mixture.
- Combine biscuit baking mix, sweet potatoes, and milk until dough forms a ball. Kneed dough onto surface dusted with baking mix and pat into 12-inch long rectangle.
- Combine remaining 3 tablespoons brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture and cranberries on top of dough.
- Roll up dough longer side to longer side and create a seam.
- Cut crosswise into one-inch pieces slices, then place slices on top of pecan mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove cake from the pan by edging a knife around the parameter, upside down onto a serving plate
- Scrape any brown sugar mixture from the bottom and place on top of cake for a crunchy topping.