Yuca with Garlic and Lime
- Yield 4 servings
Simply sautéed in this recipe with garlic and lime, yuca (or cassava) is a low-cost staple starch vegetable for at least a quarter of the world's population.
- 2 pounds yuca, peeled well and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Juice of lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco or hot sauce or choice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- Place yuca in a large pot of lightly salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook 20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Heat oil in a nonstick nonreactive skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 2 to 3 minutes or until garlic is golden brown. Remove the pan from the heat, add the yuca, lime juice, salt, hot sauce and cilantro. Toss to combine.