- 2cups grated Vermont cheddar, loosely packed
- 4ounces Vermont fresh goat cheese
- 3/4cup roasted red peppers (jarred), drained and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1pinch of ground chipotle
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1teaspoon snipped garlic chives
- In a medium bowl, combine the cheddar, goat cheese, and red peppers, mashing with a fork until blended.
- Add the vinegar, chipotle, and black pepper and stir until the spread is relatively smooth. Fold in the garlic chives.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving (for flavor to develop).
This recipe by Sheila McGrory-Klyza of The Vermont Epicure has been posted with permission and originally appeared as Pimiento Cheese (Yankee Style) on Honest Cooking.