- Yield: 14 servings
"I've shared this recipe with folks at church after potluck suppers. But Thanksgiving 2005 was the meal where the entire table of relatives agreed that the dish was wonderful - and relatives will tell you the truth!"
- 6pounds sweet potatoes or yams, cooked and peeled
- 1/2cup maple syrup
- 1/4cup heavy cream
- 1/4cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2cup chopped pecans
- 1tablespoon heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- To prepare potatoes, combine potatoes, syrup, heavy cream, butter, egg, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Using a mixer at low speed, beat until blended. Increase speed to medium and beat until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- To prepare topping, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar, pecans and cream. Spread evenly over top.
- Bake, uncovered, 50 minutes, or until slightly firm on top.
Recipe by Ethan Bosch, Clarion, Pa.