- Yield 14 servings
A sweet potato casserole guaranteed to please.
"I've shared this recipe with folks at church after potluck suppers. But Thanksgiving 2005 was the meal where the entire table of relatives agreed that the dish was wonderful - and relatives will tell you the truth!"
- 6 pounds sweet potatoes or yams, cooked and peeled
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- To prepare potatoes, combine potatoes, syrup, heavy cream, butter, egg, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Using a mixer at low speed, beat until blended. Increase speed to medium and beat until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- To prepare topping, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar, pecans and cream. Spread evenly over top.
- Bake, uncovered, 50 minutes, or until slightly firm on top.
Recipe by Ethan Bosch, Clarion, Pa.