Yam Cornbread Stuffing
- Yield 10 servings
Naturally sweet yams and cornbread team up for a mouthwatering savory stuffing.
- 2 cups chopped, peeled, Louisiana sweet potatoes (yams)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 cups crumbled cooked cornbread
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Vegetable (or chicken) broth, as needed
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cook sweet potatoes, onion and celery in a buttered skillet on medium heat, around 7-10 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and add parsley, ginger, cornbread and pecans. Toss mixture and add enough broth to moisten.
- Bake stuffing in an uncovered casserole dish for 45 minutes.