Yam Cornbread Stuffing
- Yield 10 servings
- 2 cups chopped, peeled, Louisiana sweet potatoes (yams)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 cups crumbled cooked cornbread
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- -- Vegetable (or chicken) broth, as needed
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In large skillet, cook sweet potatoes, onion and celery in butter over medium-high heat 7 to 10 minutes, or until just tender. Spoon mixture into large mixing bowl. Stir in parsley and ginger. Add cornbread and pecans; toss gently to coat. Add enough broth to moisten.
- Place stuffing in 2-quart oblong casserole. Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes, or until heated through.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg and Gerald Miletello's Eating Well Through Canter: Easy Recipes & Recommendations During and After Treatment (2001).