Yam Chicken with Wild Pecan Rice
- Yield: 4 servings
- 8-- chicken thighs, skinned
- 1-- yam (about 8 ounces), peeled and coarsely shredded
- 1/2cup melted butter
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon paprika
- 1tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1-- (7-ounce) package wild pecan rice, prepared according to package directions
- 1/2cup flaked coconut
- 1/4cup finely chopped pecans
- 2tablespoons sweet orange marmalade
- Line 9 x 12 baking dish with foil and spread with olive oil. Add chicken, bone side down.
- In medium bowl, place shredded yam and cover with ice water. Let stand 5 minutes, drain and pat dry. In same bowl, add, stirring to mix, yam, ginger, coconut, pecans and marmalade. Divide yam mixture evenly and form a coating around each chicken thigh. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the butter and add to cooked rice. Brush remaining butter over yam-coated chicken and sprinkle with paprika. Bake in 400° F. oven about 35 minutes or until potato crust is golden and fork can be inserted in chicken with ease. Garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve over Wild Pecan Rice.