Woodstock Tofu Scrambler
- Yield 4 servings
Looks just like scrambled eggs, but it’s made from tofu.
This is great stuffed into a pita bread for breakfast or lunch. Serve with a large dose of Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin or the Doors.
- 2 teaspoons canola or olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 -- jalapeno, seedes, ribs removed, pepper minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pound tofu, drained and well crumbled
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- Heat oil in a large nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat. Add onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, jalapenos, turmeric and curry powder. Saute 4 minutes until lightly browned and tender.
- Add tofu and continue to stir well as you cook the mixture until the tofu colors and begins to look like scrambled eggs. Cook 1 minute longer and season with soy sauce or tamari.